Photo restoration work is very labour intensive as each small (and not so small) flaw has to be painstakingly painted out. The cost is related to the time one of our restoration artists will spend fixing your photograph. Things that increase the time needed are:
- The amount of damage
- One clean tear is much quicker to fix than a heavily scuffed or spotted photo. The greater the area of damage then the harder it is to fix as there are less “good” areas we can use in repairing the “bad” areas.
- The level of detail in the photo
- A large group photo is going to have much more detail than a single head shot and need more time to repair. Also strong patterned clothing, like a gingham dress, will require more meticulous work.
- A high level of enlargement
- The more a photo is enlarged then the more any tiny flaws become noticeable.
- A high amount of fading
- As we enhance the contrast to revive faded detail then any flaws are also enhanced. This results in a photo with more damage than you may initially think.
- The size of the original
- The bigger the photo then the more there is to work on. The restoration prices on our site are for a small to medium sized images.
Our restorers are perfectionists and aim to provide a high quality product. We’d like to think our prices are competitive. You may find a company that will give you a lower price but the end result will more than likely be lower quality with crudely airbrushed in detail. Don’t your precious photos deserve the best?